Performing a Software Update
Updates to the gauge software may be made available by Versatile Technology. Updates may add new gauge functionality or resolve gauge problems.
To Update the gauge you will need a USB stick (thumb drive, jump drive)
- PW117B Aerosol Burst tester
- KW141A Automatic Axial Load - Dome Growth and Dome Buckle Gauge
- MP44A Automatic Back End Gauge
- RB133A Automatic Beverage End Enamel Rater
- LD136B Automatic Buckle Gauge
- HD131D Automatic Beverage Can Enamel Rater
- DJ111C Automatic Compound Weight Gauge
- AGS091B Automatic DRD Gauge
- HW137B Automatic DWI Two Piece Can Gauge
- AER115C Automatic End Enamel Rater
- ME163A Automatic End Enamel Rater (mA Gauge)
- AES098F Automatic Sanitary End System
- BF110A Automatic End System
- EZ101C Automatic Ezobility Gauge
- AD142A Automatic Front End Gauge
- PD138B Automatic Implosion & Crush Gauge
- TK065H Automatic Openability Gauge
- JJ139A Automatic PET Burst Expansion Tester
- MK123B Automatic Pop & Tear and Tab Strength Gauge
- SIT112 Automatic Score Integrity Tester
- AF059C Automatic Shell Gauge
- JC010C Axial Load Gauge
- BE056C Back End Gauge
- PT012D Dome Reversal Gauge
- FE129C Dual Head Front End Gauge
- DV036E End Buckle & Missile Gauge
- FE056F Front End Gauge
- AFE106 Front End Gauging System
- PC031E Pop and Tear Gauge
- RPT127 Ring Pull Tester
- AED119A Top Load Tester
It is recommended you do a backup of the current gauge software and gauge files before performing a software update.
1. Obtain the binary file (*.bin) from Versatile Technology.
2. Plug the USB stick into the computer.
3. Create a folder on the USB called ‘UPDATE’
4. If the USB stick already has an UPDATE folder delete all files currently within it.
5. Copy the binary file to the UPDATE folder.
6. Remove the USB from the computer.
7. Plug the USB into the SERVICE PORT of the gauge.
8. Reset the gauge by turning off the gauge power then turning it back on again.
9. The gauge screen will display the prompt for the user verification to update once the gauge detects the USB stick.
10. Press ‘ENTER’ on the keypad to update.